Site stopped updating - known issue?

My FH has been working for almost 2 years…checked that my plan is current…I can hit the FH device web page on my boat’s WiFi …but nothing seems to be getting pushed to the FH site. My other connected devices (Victron Cerbo and Wallas furnace) are pushing out successfully. I notice a small red counter in the lower right corner of the site’s graphical area, currently showing 11 days and counting.

Is this a known issue?

Sorry for the delay in responding to this.

No known sitewide issue, will have a look at data logs from your device at our end and get back to you shortly.

For anyone else reading this later, we are waiting on confirmation that this might be related to the user’s FloatHub ID and/or Security Key being reset.

More info on debugging issues when your device lights are green but no data is appearing on the website is available here:

Sorry - I missed following up on this - but yes, it was missing my FH info (had been reset to factoryx)

Thanks for the follow up, glad to hear it’s resolved :slight_smile:

And now I’m having update problems again. I can see a trip in August, but not a second one and the boat data is not live. My “A” light is green and I noticed something very odd when trying to cycle power on the device - first the power (and ultimately all) of the wires did not turn this off - it wasn’t until I unplugged the NMEA 2000 connector that it went dark so…is my new FloatHub getting power from NMEA 2000?

More important, I cannot connect to it from my local network (where I can see my router has given it an IP address). I can see also the Floathub_xxx WiFi and connect to it, but I cannot then bring up the interface on 192.168.4.1 (address from the docs).

How can I connect to this device to verify its settings?

On the first question, yes, your FloatHub device will take power from the N2K bus if it’s available. The N2K spec calls for 12 volts of power to be supplied on the line, and your FloatHub uses a fully isolated power converter to use that power if it is available (but it will not put power on the N2K bus).

On your 2nd question, if the device is on your local network (e.g. it can be seen by the router), then you can use whatever address the router gave it (you don’t need to separately connect to the device’s Private WiFi network and then try to use 192.168.4.1).

We’ll check on your data stream and update in a bit …

We’re not showing any data update since 2022-09-06 22:14:43 (UTC). That looks more like loss of network connectivity. Other WiFi devices getting through ok? Did your network config or similar change on or around Sept. 6?

We don’t see data from a factory default setting that looks like yours, so pretty sure we are just not getting any data at all.

Your message delay time does have this atypical rising trend to it (not sure if this is relevant):

Yes - other devices connected to that network (Victron Cerbo, Chetco SeaGauge, Wallas furnace) are all pushing data to their public sites.

I can see the device getting IP 192.168.1.100 - but I cannot access via port 80. I’ll try again.

That Time Delay - is that for MY boat? If it is, it does show connectivity - and the missing trip is indeed on the 31st. The odd connectivity is because I have a Netgear LB2120 that uses WiFi at the dock and cellular when away. But we are anchoring only a few hundred yards from the yacht club and I suspect it’s still receiving a weak signal and flopping back and forth.

Not sure what may have changed at your end, but data is now coming through.

And yes, that time delay is for your specific device. You can see an interactive version of that graph at:

[https://floathub.com/debug](https://floathub.com/debug)

(scroll down a bit).

Also, on the port 80 connection, maybe double check that you are entering http and not https in the URL/address bar area of your browser.

I repowered it…went back to direct access and put in all the settings again. Then we went out again yesterday afternoon and it disappeared again after about 15 minutes…it was a 3 hour trip and it still is showing my vessel in the middle of the lake.

I checked my FH yesterday…the connectivity light is green, I can access and log on from an iPad on my network, the device credentials are correct (were not reset), and…I’m not sure on the login credentials.

When I reset on Saturday I logged in with Floathub/Floathub…and I don’t recall changing that. So I logged in using Floathub/Floathub. Do I need to update my local login?

More importantly…I’m not seeing the trip data propogating out to the floathub site. And even what’s there is missing that end of August trip.

What do I need to do to get this working reliably again?

Sorry for the delay, just diagnosing this now.

We are receiving regular updates from you device (i.e. network connectivity is good), but there is no gps data in the messages. If you go to your debug page here: https://floathub.com/debug

You can see regular messages every 10 minutes or so (after zooming into the graph a little):

But those messages all contain only temp, baro, and voltage data. No GPS fix. The last GPS fix was on September 10.

Is your device currently connected to N2K? And, if so, is there a live GPS source on your N2K backbone? Is the GPS light on your FloatHub currently red (indicating no GPS fix)?

I have seen various behaviors with GPS. As you may recall, I’m under cover and it spiders around. There are at least a couple of GPS sources on my N2K network when underway…and I can see that if the device started using one - and then I turned it off when back at the dock - that could cause that behavior. But nothing changed in how this is configured and it’s been mostly good (the previous N0183 device was 100% for years). And that trip ending just as we are heading into Lake Washington wouldn’t have been related. I’ll have to look at this next week (we’re heading out of town for this weekend).

Ok, let us know what you find when back at the boat.

In the meantime, will look further into the datastream around the time of the Lake Washington trip.

When you do get to the boat, if you can let us know the make and model of any GPS source on the N2K network, that may help.

When we were reviewing GPS data sent from your FloatHubdevice, we saw some fairly odd things, including timestamps in the future. For example, during that trip on September 10th, our servers at 19:05:38 UTC/GMT received a fix from your device of:

Lat: 47.60866667429606
Lon: -122.20890000661214
UTC Time: 23:53:30

Which is 4 hours and 48 minutes in the future?

This could be a couple of things. There may be a GPS source that is somehow relaying local time as UTC/GMT time (but then the difference should be closer to 8 hours). Or our firmware may be parsing data from an onboard device incorrectly. Or your FloatHub’s internal GPS may be losing it’s mind and spitting out weirdly bad data.

One thing to help test would be to disconnect the N2K bus and orient the vessel and/or device to the point where it can get an internal fix. We could then monitor the GPS data relayed. This would isolate the device and we can at least determine if the onboard GPS data is correct.

There is a way to set a flag on the device to ignore external GPS data if it comes to that.

Also, do you have anything connected to NMEA in (the screw terminals) as well as the N2K connection? That is another possible source of GPS/fix data.

Sorry for the troubles, but we do look forward to getting this all sorted out.

I finally had a chance to spend a few minutes on the boat today - and it doesn’t make much sense to me. I can connect to the device the boat’s WiFi (and other devices on the boat are posting to the internet via that network) and all my settings look reasonable (including my account settings):

Your device does have the right account data and we are receiving regular updates. If you go to your debug page:

and scroll down to the table called “Most Recent FHA (Status) Messages by Order of Reception at Server” that will show you the last 20 status updates from your device (with the most recent first). You’ll see that your device is sending data every 10 minutes. But there is no GPS fix data in the information (i.e. the Latitude and Longitude are showing as “None”).

It would appear that we are back to the No Fix issue. Is the GPS light (the one on the left) solid red? Does it switch to blinking green if you power on an N2K device with a good GPS fix?

I think it’s more than GPS - the floathub page I’m looking at right now shows an air temp of 60 (reasonable at the enclosed and heated helm) but a water temperature of -25. Water temp is also N2K as is wind speed and direction (both showing 0) - but here is my live SeaGauge dash of those same N2K sensors:

You are correct. Again from your current debug data:

This shows no data coming other than air temp, pressure, and battery 1 (scroll to the right on the table, ignore the SIV column, it always repeats the last good reading). These are all local readings from the device itself (i.e. not from the N2K bus).

We had a look at your data history, and the last time you had a GPS fix was September 10. Last time for a water temperature reading (indicating N2K connectivity) was the same day.

How is the device currently powered? Screw terminals, N2K, USB, barrel, or some combination of those?