B&G 310 compatibility

I am thinking of adding a wired B&G wind instrument (e.g ws310) to my boat and using FloatHub to broadcast wind data via Wi-Fi to my tablet. Since the B&G documentation says it produces NMEA 0183 data, can I just connect to floathub and expect it all to work? Do I need some sort of interface? has anyone done this?

Thanks

I use an Airmar weather station connected to my FloatHub at the data inputs. Airmar reports with NMEA 0183 sentences for more than just wind. FloatHub recognizes wind and heading. It does not recognize outdoor temperature and barometer(although FloatHub reports temperature and barometer at the FloatHub device.

Regarding wind - FloatHub is mostly set up to show Relative Wind. It is supposed to show True Wind, which is my preference, and FloatHub Support say they are working on it. So far, on PC I see only Relative Wind. On the iPhone App I get gauges for Relative and True Wind, but the graph is only Relative. And, the wind data appears to be taken only periodically, whereas my Airmar data is continuous.

• List item