Additional Data Suggestions

I am a new user and love what I see here but I don’t have my device yet. I started work on a “Universal Marine Instrument” monitor design in 2005, when I was a fulltime captain, but never completed the design. I was using a Mega to monitor up to three engines and two generators plus a keypad for passenger vessel trip and crew data input (see out of date NavCal Products ). Based on my research on monitoring analog gauges with a gauge panel mockup I suggest for now:

For a single engine boat, the following input uses:

D1 Bilge pump, D2 Engine RPMs from a D to A converter, and D3 to a series of normally closed hatch switches for a security system. E1 Oil pressure, E2 Cooling water temperature, E3 Fuel level sensor, F1 Engine battery, E2 House battery, E3 Current sensor using a 100 Amp, 75 MV shunt and circuity that I will develop. For gauges you can connect at the sender or the S terminal on the analog gauge.

I will get back on the project design and share my results with Thor. In the meantime, if you have questions or suggestions, please email captfarmer@gmail.com. For my free YouTube videos see River/Navigation Videos - Sailing TOUCAN .